Adamus Resources Limited is to develop a plan to settle its outstanding liabilities to the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA), the Minerals Income Investment Fund (MIIF), financial institutions and suppliers as part of a new 12-month roadmap to turn around its mining operation. The requirement forms part of an agreement reached between the government and Adamus following a meeting at the presidency to resolve their dispute and find a way to restore operations at the mine. The Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, the Minerals Commission and Adamus Resources have been asked to present the 12-month roadmap, which will also provide for a six-member management team comprising three representatives from Adamus and three from the government to supervise the turnaround.
The presidency said the agreement was aimed at resolving the dispute between the two parties “to salvage what is one of a few operating indigenous large-scale mines.” The latest development comes less than two weeks after Lands and Natural Resources Minister Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah upheld the revocation of three Adamus mining leases covering Akango, Salman and Nkroful. The leases were initially revoked in April 2026 after Minerals Commission investigations identified alleged sustained and material breaches of the Minerals and Mining Act, 2006 (Act 703), and its subsidiary legislation. The alleged breaches included the unauthorised assignment of mineral rights, mining outside demarcated and permitted areas without the required operating permits, failure to secure environmental and forestry approvals, and the involvement of foreign nationals in mining activities on the concessions.
The review process also identified financial obligations involving Adamus. The committee’s findings cited outstanding mineral rights fees, royalties and tax liabilities, while the government subsequently upheld the revocation of the three leases. Read Also: Government gives Adamus Resources reprieve, orders 12-month turnaround plan Adamus rejected the allegations and challenged the revocation, arguing that the government had failed to comply with the statutory procedures governing the cancellation of mining leases.
The company petitioned the Lands Minister, prompting the establishment of an Inter-Ministerial Committee to review its case. After receiving the committee’s final report, Mr Buah upheld the revocation on August 1… The government is to form a six-member management team with Adamus Resources Limited to supervise the turnaround of the company’s mining operation under a new 12-month roadmap agreed at the Presidency.
The team will comprise three representatives from Adamus and three from the government and will be tasked with overseeing efforts to restore the mine’s operations. The development follows a meeting at the Presidency aimed at resolving the dispute between the government and Adamus Resources after the government revoked three of the company’s mining leases. A statement issued by the Presidency on Friday, August 21, 2026, said the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, the Minerals Commission and Adamus Resources had been asked to present a 12-month roadmap for turning the mine around.
The agreement, the statement said, was intended “to salvage what is one of a few operating indigenous large-scale mines.” The latest arrangement comes less than two weeks after Lands and Natural Resources Minister Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah upheld the revocation of Adamus Resources’ Akango, Salman and Nkroful mining leases. The initial revocation was announced in April 2026 following investigations by the Minerals Commission, which identified alleged breaches of the Minerals and Mining Act, 2006 (Act 703), and its subsidiary legislation. The Minerals Commission cited alleged unauthorised assignment of mineral rights, mining outside approved areas without the requisite permits, failure to obtain environmental and forestry approvals, and the involvement of foreign nationals in mining activities on the concessions.
Summary from source